Thanksgiving Council Nov. 28th Dec.1st 2002
This is an open invitation for all interested individuals… to come join
together for Thanks and for Giving.
Join family to help plant seeds for the 2003 Annual Rainbow Family
Gathering of the Tribes.
Besides the usual topics traditionally dealt with at TGC, some folks
would like to see emphasis on discussions about bringing healing ways
back to how we do things and treat each other. Folks have also expressed
a need to counsel on our various “processes” relating to such things as
scouting, spring council and other gathering aspects. What is actually
discussed at TGC is up to those who attend and therefore the agenda is
set by all attending.
If you have a strong desire to help make a difference, come join your
sisters & brothers at this special time.
Please be aware that the intent is to counsel and this is not a
Though all are welcome, know that these councils are usually small in
nature and folks should come as self sufficient as possible.
The location for this years Thanksgiving Council will be at Murphy Hot
Springs, Nevada. Many might be familiar with this place near the old
Nevada Gathering site. Though this is a commercial establishment, it
is very rustic and rainbow friendly. They had a good experience with
"rainbows" last time and the owners welcome us back.
- Be prepared for traveling and camping in cold temperatures. It is very
possible there could be snow tthis time of year. Note; take the
road to Murphy Hot Springs coming from Rogerson (it’s kept plowed), do
not try to come in from the Jarbridge way this time of year.
- Bring extra blankets, socks, towels, etc.
- Please bring food for yourselves and to contribute to any community
- Bring your ideas, love, understanding and an open mind & heart
- Please come prepared to sit and counsel for long hours (bring soft
things to sit on? etc?)
Remember, Participation is the key.
- Don’t forget your musical instruments, your smiles and any other good
- Please do not bring anything you think would be inappropriate or
harmful to others
They have opened their doors to us in a very cooperative &
There will be space inside the lodge available to counsel, get
together, and be warm (Thursday-Sunday)
Please know that there is NO inside sleeping available in the
There are a variety of options for sleeping accommodations
Though this is a commercial place, the owners are cooperating in a very
Rainbow like way.
- Several rustic cabins are available at folks own personal expense
($25 per day - they have electrical heater, a bed and not much else) -
toilet is outside and shared by all.
- There are about 15 camping sites with electrical & full hook
ups for live-in rigs (or tenting with a electrical heater?) These
sites are also at personal expense (approx.$15 per day)
- There are standard campsites @ 7.50 per day
- There will also be free camping available in the same area
- There will be a 22 ft tipi set up in the camping area for family
use (counsel, making music, etc)
- There is a commercial hot springs on the site... and though there
is a charge for the use of the hot springs, it is reasonable and folks
are trying to work it out to make it even more reasonable :-)
- There will be a small outside kitchen set up for cooking community
meals, making tea, etc
- There’s a small café in the lodge that will offer prepared food &
such, to supplement anyone’s needs.
- There is also a free public campground within walking distance, if
the need should arise.
They understand our intent to be respectful.
They understand we are but individuals responsible for ourselves but
with concern for all.
They understand ALL are welcome regardless of how much money they have.
For making reservations for the cabins or campsites with hookups, please
call (208) 857-2230. Those calling for other information, please be
respectful and know that many of the arraignments that have been made,
are in the “flow as it goes” mode and will be dealt with as need
arises … all is in a good, harmonious and understandable way.
Please know that the folks, who helped make this place available, did
so out of love. Since no other viable alternatives seem to be offered,
this site appeared the best for family at this time, and in fact, it
seems like quite a beautiful place indeed.
It is hoped all agree.
So, come join family for what should be a wondrous & healing time,
with high hopes of accomplishing many good things.
Below are some links which might be of interest to some;
brought to you with love, from individuals at large, who speak only
for themselves ... WE LOVE YOU
- This is a good site to learn the history and other facts about
Murphy Hot Spring.
- map location of Murphy Hot Springs.
broader view of location
- A list of hot springs in Idaho
Please copy and distribute freely