Regional Rainbow Potlucks & Drum Jams
Although I attempt to keep this list of potlucks up to date, things
change, and I don't always hear about it. Correction, additions, or
removals will be greatly appreciated. Please be aware than any of
these informal events could stop happening at any time, so be prepared
to arrive, and find nothing happening on occasion. If so, please
let me know...
Last updated April 3, 2005
- For more info, go to Kidz of
Arkansas web site.
- LA Drum Circle, California
- Weekly drum circle at Cabrillo Beach (South Pacific Avenue and
37th Street, San Pedro) Every Sunday 6pm-11pm. All peaceful souls
welcome! Bring drums, acoustic instruments, happy hugs and all good
things! There are lots of fire pits, so firewood is a good thing! :)
Directions: Take the 110 Harbor Freeway to San Pedro exit. Left on
Gaffey Street 0.7 miles (south). Left on W 9th St 0.3 (east). Right on
S Pacific Ave 1.7 miles (south). Left at Stephen White Drive (You are
there!). Park wherever you can. The circle is always at the pit
closest to the bluffs!
- San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Bay Area potlucks. First Sunday of each month at Natural Bridges
State Park, Santa Cruz, CA.
Third Sunday of each month at Stevens Creek County Park, Cupertino, CA
Messages: (408)241-8971 or (408)860-4362. Greater SF Bay
Area Rainbow site
- Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- 9th ave south- beach access area, please bring instruments and a
vegetarian dish to share.
- Lakeland, Florida
- 1st and 3rd Sundays of every month at lake Parker Park. take the
1st entrance and look for the rainbow. For more info, call 941-666-1060.
- Sarasota, Florida.
- Drum circle that happens every Sunday, weather
permitting. Rainbows welcome. Siesta Key Beach, access 8.
- Treasure,Island, Florida.
- Drum circle that happens every Sunday at dusk, weather
permitting. Behind the Bilmar resort on Gulf BLVD.
- West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Every Sunday behind (north of) the
Dreher Park Zoo. (between Southern Blvd and Forest Hill) off I-95.
- Atlanta Georgia
- 4th Saturday every month, 5-11 p.m. Directions are on the Atlanta
Rainbow Lightline, 770/662-6112. Please bring food, music, and open heart
and mind. Leave the drugs, alcohol and bad vibes at home. Drums start
at dark thirty till midnight. Come early for circle and the sharing of
- Kehena Beach, Hawaii
- Rainbow drum circle each Sunday at Kehena Beach near Pahoa, near
Hilo- meet us there!
- Kona, Hawaii
- We gather every other Friday at Keea beach. bring vegetarian food,
musical instruments and lots of love.
- Carbondale, Illinois
- Carbondale picnics for this year. First Sunday from May >
September, May 4, June 1, July 6, Aug. 3, Sept. 1, 2003. The Potluck
Picnics are from 1 - 5 p.m. at the Black Locust first Shelter in
Evergreen Park which is open till dusk. Remember your Towel. For more
info, go to http://community.webtv.net/Timeloyd/GALACTICHITCHHIKER
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Usually the first Saturday of the month. Call 202-pyre-mal for
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Beanbow picnics the last Sunday of every month starting on
4-28-96 until 10-27-96, from 11am to 6pm. Directions: I-93N to exit
34(rte 28N), go one mile past Sheepfold Meadow entrance until you see a
Friendly's and a Mobil. Turn left, go 4/10 mile to sign for I-93. DO NOT
go on highway but rather turn left, go under the overpass, and turn left
into an abandoned parking lot. Follow the right-hand path into the woods
until you see Rainbow rockpiles/streamers/stickers. From the north: take
I-93S to exit 35, Winchester/Melrose, signs for Stone Zoo, after exit is
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
- 3rd Sunday of every month; location is Hidden Falls during
spring/summer/fall. The location is about one mile south on East River
Road at Ford Parkway in St. Paul. Enter the park at the north gate.
Park in the first lot. Once there, you will see a shelter. Near the
restrooms will be directions to the exact location. Bring food, your
own dishes, friends, musical instruments, and love. From November
through March the Seward Community Co-Op Cafe has been kind enough to
let us use their space. The Seward is located at 2129 Franklin Ave E
in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The potlucks happen from noon to 6pm. For
the April through October potlucks we met in the park where we have
met the last two summers.
- Missouri/Ozarks area Drum Jams and Socials Listing.
Spreading Love and Light through-out the Ozarks and the
Bio-Regions. For more info, go to Ozark
Rainbow Family web site.
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Third Sundays April - Sept. at Forest Park, site 1, across from
the World's Fair Pavilion & Hippy Hill. Look for the green tarp &
peace flags from noon til dark.
- Springfield, Missouri
- Any ya'll folks with belly buttons are welcome to come and bring yer
drums and other related instruments and all good things to the
Southern Missouri Rainbow Families, every monday evening starting at
7pm.Directions: Jordan Valley Ice Park Amphitheater, just north of the
ominous John Q Hammons Black Tower on Trafficway / East Park
Street - Bring drums, musical percussion instruments, guitars, flutes,
shakers and bag pipes - something to drink, a blanket to sit on and
munchables to share. There is a play fountain that has public access
so bring some cut off's and a towel. Kids welcomed. We have extra
drums so come join in. This is a family event.
- Carson City, Nevada
- Free community drum circle every 3rd Saturday of the month 7:00pm
- ??? at Comma Coffee. 312 S. Carson st. Carson city, NV. PH#: (775)
In the summer we play outside in the courtyard in the winter we play
inside. Please bring your own drum or musical instrument. However, we
do share our extras. This drum circle is going on 3 years and there is
anywhere between 15 - 50+ drummers , fire dancers, and belly
dancers. If you want to see pictures go to the website above click on
community then drummers and dancers.
Potluck community drum circle held every last Saturday of the month
7:00pm - sunrise??? Upstairs at : Java Joes Cafe. 319 N. Carson St.
Carson city, NV. 89706.PH#: (775) 883-4004
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Just west of Las Vegas, out in the desert there is a big place
known as Calico Basin, every Sunday there is a large drum gathering
and a lot of love and light to share.
- New York City, New York
- monthly potlucks on the 1st Sunday of each month, usually at 56
Walker Street (between Broadway and Church Street) from 3 PM until
whenever. We don't hold a potluck in July, since (hopefully)
everyone's at the National gathering, and we sometimes move the
Potluck outdoors when the weather's nice. For more info, go to www.nyrainbow.org.
- Asheville, North Carolina
- Weekly Drumming Fridays in the Summer from 7pm to whenever. Pritchard
Park in the center of Downtown Asheville (Where Patton and College
Street intersect). Also Monday Nights at the French Broad Food Co-Op.
Nice Local Article on this at http://cgi.citizen-times.com/cgi-bin/story/38526.
- NW Ohio
- We are having weekly drum circle on Sundays
Monthly potlucks on the first Sunday. Info on NW Ohio potlucks, etc at
- Enid, Oklahoma
- First Saturday of every month weather permitting. Starts at 12:00
noon to Sundown. At Meadowlake Park down the nature trail by the
river. Bring food if you can, instruments if ya got 'em, picnic
blankets.....and LOTS of love! (Tea would be good, too.) Meadowlake
park has grills and covered picnic areas also...in case we just wanna
keep on cookin'! Plenty of parking. (Lots of water and ducks
- Eugene, Oregon
- EUGENE AREA RAINBOW FAMILY POTLUCKS are held the Sunday before the
Full Moon. In the warmer months they are at a local park. In the
rainy months they are held at an indoor location- either at some ones
home or the Growers Market building in downtown Eugene. (up stairs) 454
Willamette St, by the Amtrak station... at 3pm.
For information about Rainbow events and picnics call: Northwest
Lightline (503) 727-2498.
- Portland, Oregon
- 2nd Sunday of each month. From April or May until October, they
are usually held at Woodstock Park- located at SE 47th Avenue & Steele
Street, on the 47th Ave. side. They begin at 2 PM Winter months bring
Family together in homes or buildings that have been gratuitously
For information about Rainbow events and picnics call: Northwest
Lightline (503) 727-2498.
- New Castle, Pennsylvania
- Every Sunday afternoon/evening meet by the pool, please bring
instruments and a vegetarian dish to share.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Monthly vegetarian potlucks. Write: Philadelphia Rainbow Network,
POBox 41004, Philadelphia, PA 19127.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Monthly potlucks, usually the second Saturday of the month. Call
the Philadelphia lightline at 215-701-7233, or check Philly Rainbow Family web site.
- State College, Pennsylvania
- Every Wednesday night. any one wishing to attend need only go to
the Daily Grind and ask the hippies hanging around if they know where
it is. usually, we find out until a couple of hours before it
begins. other times people claim it during the circle. we start off,
after most everyone arrives, with a circle and go around and say
whatever it is that we need to say, then we ohm, then feast and play
drums. For more info, email Dr
- Providence, Rhode Island
- POTLUCKS every Thursday at 19 Sassafras St, Providence, RI 02907
Phone-401-785-4089. Potlucks start at 7:30pm every Thursday, and all
- Austin, Texas
- Austin Area Regional Rainbow Family (AARRF) has been having Potluck/Drum
Jams on the 1st (and occasionally 3rd) Sunday of each month in Zilker
park, at the Sunken Gardens, on Robert E. Lee (street), down the hill
between the baseball diamonds.They usually go from LATE rainbow
noon-thirty till after dark. Although dogs are supposed to be on
leashes (warning tickets have been given!), food is preferred to be
veggie, Drums/Percussion is the supposed norm, AND there are "NO WADING
OR SWIMMING" signs posted below the "designated" swimming
area..........ALL BETS ARE OFF!... as well as a lot of shirts (at least
this IS legal in Austin!)
- Dallas, Texas
- 1st Sunday Rainbow Potluck. It's still being held under the live
oak trees at the Bath House, White Rock Lake on East Lawther Drive.
Hours: Central Time, 3 PM to sunset; Daylight Savings Time, 5 PM to
sunset. Call 214.824.2038 for info or call the Drum Hotline at (214)
823-DRUM for more details, or to leave a message. Email question to firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out the
Texas Drum web
- East Texas
- Every Sunday at 4pm. East Texas Rainbow, c/o Songbird, POBox 115,
Martinsville, TX 75958-0015. (409) 560-3925.
- Nacogdoches, Texas
- Potluck every Sunday 3:00pm til ? Hippie Church; 3-day flop; love, music &
Spirit. Contact: The Little White Shack of America (East Texas Family
Focalizer) 3029 Woden Road, Nacogdoches, TX 75961.
- Monthly potluck and drum jam. For more info, go to the S.U.R.F. web
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- First Sunday of the month at Lincoln Park in Racine, WI. Noon - ???
Kenosha Rainbow for more info.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- There's been a very big drum circle in
Montreal every Sunday since 10 years.One to three thousands people gather
near the Archangel statue in the Mount-Royal park, in the middle of
Montreal.This drum circle happens only when the weather permits it from
April to October.It must be the best place to meet Rainbow people in
Montreal.Sometimes we have pot-lucks there. Email email@example.com.
For general information about the Rainbow Family and regional events,
please first look around the web site. You can find most info you'd
want by going back to the top
level and searching again. Good spots to start are the Info page
on the annual gathering in July, the North
American Calendar of Events, or the International
Calendar of Events. Other good sources of info on local Rainbow
events is at the Rainbow
Lightlines or the Rainbow
Potlucks. If that doesn't work, email our newsgroup at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bugs in this web page can go to me at