Where the Gathering will be in 2014
The 2015 rainbow family of living light world peace and healing gathering will take place July 1-7, 2014, in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, or South Dakota.
Ignore all rumors of cancellation or organization! Live Lightly
with the Land and People!
CALM needs donations to
pay for medical supplies that get used every year. Please consider
donating now to CALM, as most supplies have to be purchased before the
Additional information on the water system used to purify water for
this year is here. Clean
water helps keep us all healthy! The water crew has a new PayPal account
to help cover the costs associated with buying water line every year to
replace the parts that can't be reused.
is used primarily for the water filters and other expensive water
filtering related parts that need replacement every year.
The water crew is asking all kitchens that want to be connected to the
main water line to bring the following items. These items in total
should not cost more than $50-$100. Please help get this word out to
all kitchens. If each kitchen brings a little it helps us all.
The Rainbow Guide is
also looking for donations
to cover the costs of publishing the Guide. If you've ever traveled
and looked up people in the Guide, you know what a great resource this
- 1-3 rolls (usually 300-400') of NSF rated 3/4 inch black poly pipe.
- 1 or more 3/4 inch plastic barbed T
- 2-3 3/4 inch plastic barbed couplings
- 1 or more spigots with 1/2 inch NPT male pipe threads
- 1 or more 1/2 inch Female NPT threads to 3/4 inch barbed insert
- 6-12 1 1/4 inch hose clamps
Happenings at the Gathering
There are many wonderful things that happen at a gathering, but I'll
list a few highlights. Remember the concept of "Rainbow Time", and
that any semi-scheduled event will start when it starts, and not
necessarily by the clock.
- July 3rd, Cyberspace Circle
- At Info on the 3rd at "Rainbow Noon" here is a circle to discuss
cyberspace issues, and how to use this resource in a Rainbow appropriate way.
- July 4th, Circle for Peace
- Join us for a silent circling of people to pray for world
peace. The circle for peace starts at sunrise at main circle, and ends
around Rainbow noon after a period of OHMing, and the Kiddie Village
- Talent Show at Granola Funk
- For many years there has been a talent show at the Granola Funk
Theater. The last few years have been recorded, and tracks are
available at this Rainbow Music page.
For more information about Rainbow Gatherings, here are some
- This is a cleanup report by a person who stayed to the very end of cleanup
for Wyoming. It's in PDF format and very large as it has a narrative and
- Rainbow Press Crew
- The Rainbow press crew is a completely unofficial affiliation of
volunteers who - like all the other volunteers who work to make the
gathering happen - have not been authorized by
anyone to speak for any Rainbow related entities or events.
- Gathering Videos
- This page has several videos on it, including interviews with local
businesses about the positive impactof the gathering on the local community.
- Rainbow Legal Background
- This page has info on the legal issues surrounding the Rainbow
Gathering, and the past court cases.
- Benefits of Hosting a Rainbow Gathering
- This is an interesting document about the Environmental,
Spiritual, Health, and Law Enforcement Benefits of a Gathering.
- Rap on Rainbow Disorganization
- I grabbed this off AGR the other day, and thought it was a good
rough description about the "Organization" of a Rainbow Gathering.
- Reality Check
- I grabbed this off AGR the other day, and thought it was a good
introduction for Locals as to what to expect from having a Rainbow
- Letter to District Rangers
- This is a letter written to the District Rangers in the Great
Lakes area where the gathering will was held in Michigan.
- Open Letter to Folks living in
Utah and Surrounding Areas
- This is an open letter somebody wrote recently on AGR, that I
thought I'd reproduce here.
- Rainbow Terminology
- This is an interesting paper on various other definitions of
Rainbow Family, and how that all applies to our own definitions of
- Bus Travel Info
- This is a page with info on pricing for bus tickets.
- Train Travel Info
- Can't forget Amtrack, on occasion, trains are cheaper than busses.
- Tips for a safe journey home & a Positive Gathering
- This is a good list of tips I grabbed off AGR, that is worth reading.
- Rap 420
- This is a nice rap I pulled off AGR the other day on how to stay
out of jail when driving through a roadblock. (roadblocks and police
harassement are highly likely this year)
- This is a great web site for checking out sites. It contains
topographical maps down to a 7.5 quad. Real fun if you like maps.
Other Sources of Information
Now that it's Spring Time, the Forest Service is cranking up their
disinformation propoganda machine. While the USFS tries heavily to
freak out the locals about the coming Gathering, usually the result is
no where as bad as they try to lead folks to believe. Here's a few
general media articles looking back on things from the perspective of
a year later.
- Modoc Country News
- The Modoc County Record published several articles about the
gathering in CA in 2004. This one is from after the gathering talking
about the high quality of cleanup.
Rainbows Leave Forest Clean, Tidy This next article is a recap of the
1984 Rainbow Gathering held near Likely. This next article talks about the Incident
Command Team and how they are unnecessary.
- Rainbows earn praise for cleanup
- This was published in the Salt Lake Tribune a month after the
gathering, and talks about the quality of the cleanup.
- Recap From PA
- This is a nice article, where the PA Chief of Police was
interviewed about the previous year's gathering. Not suprisingly, he
says the harsh propoganda put out by the Forest Service turned out to
be completely inaccurate, and that while there few problems, it just
wasn't that bad at all. Plus the local business made over $1,000,000.
- Without a Trace
- A recent article from the Missoula Independent, talking about how
the reality of the Montana gathering, was way less than the locals had
been led to believe.
- Oregon Cleanup
- This is an article from the Oregonian, about how well that site
- Montanna Cleanup
- This is an article from the Montana Standard about how well the
site has recovered.
- Idaho Cleanup
- This is an article from the Idaho Stateman, about how well that
site was cleaned up.
- Treading Softly On the Earth:The
Rainbow Tribe's Impact on Forest Lands.
- This article is an indepth look at the cleanup side of the Rainbow
Gatherings done by a Taos, NM college student. It goes into detail
covering the process of cleanup, and the comments of the various
Forest Service's District Rangers years later.
Last updated June 12th, 2011