Re: Rainbow Gathering

Marcus L. Endicott (mendicott@igc.apc.org)
Sat, 07 Nov 1992 11:33:42 -0800 (PST)

/* Written 1:57 pm Nov 6, 1992 by rigg@osnome.che.wisc.edu in igc:rec.backcountr */
/* ---------- "Rainbow Gathering" ---------- */
In article <1992Nov6.173713.3365@eos.arc.nasa.gov> dencisco@eos.arc.nasa.gov (David Paul Encisco) writes:

Marcus L. Endicott <mendicott@igc.apc.org> writes:

>Rainbow Family tribal gatherings are now being discussed in:
> alt.gathering.rainbow

How unfortunate! I once came across one of these gatherings
in the Big Sur area (of course they were camped around the hot
springs). I thought I had walked into the filming of the
Last Temptation of Crist...the sequel! Four days later I had
looped back to the spot where I had seen them last; they had
since hiked out, and the place was trashed. I just despise large
groups of backpackers, whether it be Rainbowers, Sierra Clubbers,
or the Boy Scouts. People who travel in packs "tend" to be very
destructive.

I find this very surprising. I have read a great deal about Rainbow
gatherings and they make quite an effort to return the area to its
initial state. Are you sure it was a Rainbow gathering?

tim

--

Back to the Top Level: